How do I fund my Multi-Currency Account from India?
Here are the steps to fund your Multi-Currency Account from India:
- Select which currency account you want to fund (USD, GBP, EUR, AUD, CAD, etc.)
- Login to Winvesta Direct (MCA portal), go to balances and check that you have an account in the desired currency. If you don't, please press 'Add a currency' and select the required currency.
- Select the currency you want to fund your account in, and then click on the account details
- Wire transfers from India will come as SWIFT payments. Find the relevant section in the account details to find your SWIFT Payment details. Use the account details to add a beneficiary in your Indian bank account for foreign remittance
- In form A2 of the bank, select 'S0023: Opening of foreign currency account abroad with a bank' as the purpose code for the remittance. Banks that have online remittance enabled may show the purpose in a dropdown with slightly different text (such as Remittance to own account abroad). Some examples are included below.
- There is no need to add 'further credit to field', as the bank accounts are in your own name and the account details are unique to you.
- If your bank asks for a Sort Code for the USD account, please use 041404. The last 8 characters of your USD IBAN is your account number (in case it's needed).
The wire transfer to fund your account from your Indian bank account can be done online or by visiting a branch. Many Indian banks like ICICI, HDFC, IDFC First, Kotak, IndusInd, Axis Bank allow a complete online digital transfer of funds from your account up to USD 25,000. If your bank doesn't support online remittance, then you will need to fill the A2 form for your bank and submit it at a branch.
Online remittance instructions:
- HDFC Bank: Please find detailed instructions here.
- ICICI Bank: Please find detailed instructions here.
- Kotak Mahindra Bank: Please find detailed instructions here.
- Axis Bank: Please find detailed instructions here.
- IndusInd Bank: Please find detailed instructions here.
⚠️After initiating the remittance, please email us at email@example.com with your transfer receipt.
Purpose of Remittance Examples